I was going through different Halloween tags, and came across one that looked fun during my search. I found the tag from Life of a Female Bibliophile, and the original post can be found here: https://www.lifeofafemalebibliophile.com/book-tag-thursday-spooky-halloween-tag/. While reading the questions and answers I figured that this would be a great Halloween tag. It’s not really a book tag, but it will help you all get to know a little more about me, so I hope you all enjoy!
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
I put a spell on you from Hocus Pocus, which is one of my favorite Halloween movies!
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
A serial killer, because to me those are the ultimate baddies.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
No, and probably never will, just because I am very open to ghosts and don’t want an evil one haunting me.
4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
The Phantom from Phantom of the Opera, forever and always. Although he is supposed to be a bad guy, I loved him and was rooting for him the entire time!
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
Well one night while my parents were gone, and it was just me and the dogs. I remember sleeping in my mom’s bed and suddenly awakening. My back was facing her closet door, and what woke me is it felt like someone was standing behind me. I didn’t turn around, and I knew I was the only person in that house. I had this strange feeling that if I turned something bad was going to happen, like an evil spirit was there. So I prayed that it would leave me alone, and finally after some intense moments it went away.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
I would, would I be deathly scared, heck ya, but I have always wanted to do this.
7. Are you superstitious?
I am when it comes to certain things, like throwing salt over your shoulder when you spill some, breaking a mirror, but I can happily go out of the house on Friday the 13th without being scared.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yes I do, and sometimes I think people call my name when they really don’t, which is a weird thing by the way when it happens.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
Ummm, I don’t think I really know of one that scares me. I do know if I see someone with their headlights off, I won’t flash a warning, but that’s because you never know what people are capable of these days.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers, because sometimes if a book has too much gore than it makes me sick to my tummy.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
Yes, I do. There is an entire universe that we haven’t explored and we don’t know what’s out there, and probably never will.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
13. Do you get scared easily?
Haha, yes yes I do. It has become a running joke at work for people to scare me.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
I did in Middle School, and nothing happened. Although, it is creepy when your in a dark bathroom saying Bloody Mary. You get chills all over your skin.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
Yes I do
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Nothing, I have learned that if you hear noises or anything you ignore it because if you pay attention to it, things could get worse.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I would chose the Scream movies, because I know who the killers in all of them are and I can make sure to kill them before they kill me, or just hide from them.
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
That would be Sarah Sanderson. I love her costume that she wears in the movie, and I think it would just be fun.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Yes, and I actually did in High School on Halloween night. It was fun!
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
I would say the bow and arrow, because I could shoot it from a distance and not have to be too close to them.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Trick or treating, because who doesn’t love free candy!
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I would probably be the smart one, or at least I hope I would be. Why do they always run up the stairs to escape a killer? There is no safe way down from up.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Yes, depending on how scared the movie made me I do, and it’s usually a Disney movie.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
I am going to add an option, and say I am the screamer. If it really scares me I will be the only one in the theater that will scream.
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
Both, I am easily frightened, but will scare people when I feel like getting them back for scaring me.
26. Favorite scary book?
I really don’t have one if I am being honest.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
Like 5, and it was the original IT, which is why I am now terrified of storm drainers and clowns to this day.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
My mom dressed me as a pumpkin when I was a baby. I hadn’t turned one yet, because I am a December baby.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
Nothing this year. I am going to dress my dogs up though, just don’t know as what yet.
30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
I would have a black cat and would name him Binx!
I hope you all learned something new about me, and if you feel like doing this fun tag, please do!