So, I am back today with another post of Author Fun Facts, and today I chose one of my mother’s favorite authors, Margaret Mitchell. I will admit I don’t know a lot about this author, but I do know she wrote Gone With The Wind, and that there was apparently a curse on the movie. I am excited to learn more about this amazing author and hope you all are too!
Let’s get this fun facts started!
- As a child, Mitchell was an avid reader and precocious writer
- Despite being a “debutante” she landed a job as a reporter at The Atlanta Journal (now Constitution) with almost no experience
- Before Gone with the Wind, Mitchell had written three novels, two in adolescence
- Mitchell began work on Gone With The Wind when she was 25; it took her a decade to write, and no one knew she was working on a novel
- She was killed by a taxi outside her home in Atlanta
- She wrote Gone With The Wind out of boardum
- She had no intention of publishing Gone With The Wind
- Doc Holliday was Mitchell’s cousin
- She was born in Atlanta, GA on November 8, 1900
- She died on August 16, 1949
I hope you learned some new things about this amazing writer like I did! If you know any fun fact about Margaret Mitchell, please feel free to add it in the comments below!