So, today I decided to bring back my author fun facts post, and today’s author is Mary Shelley. All I know about her is that she wrote Frankenstein, but I honestly can’t say I know anything else about her. I picked her because I wanted to learn more about this writer, and what better way to learn about an author than by choosing one you don’t know much about!
Let’s get these facts listed!
- She wrote Frankenstein when she was 18 years old
- She said she got the idea for Frankenstein from a dream
- Frankenstein is actually the name of the scientist and not the monster
- Frankenstein was considered the first science fiction book to be written
- She was born on August 30th, 1797 in England
- She died on February 1st, 1851
- She ran away with her future husband, Percy Bysshe Shelley, when she was 16 years old
- She suffered many tragadies, with losing children and her husband drowning, making her a widow at the age of 24.
I hope you all learned something new about the author Mary Shelley as I did! Her life seems like it was rough, but it just goes to show that you can make it through anything! If you know a fun fact about this author that didn’t make it to the list, please feel free to put it in the comments below!