Today I decided to do another one of my author fun facts posts, and today I chose the poet Robert Frost. This is another author that I honestly don’t know anything about, but I have heard mention of his name, and that’s about it. I decided to pick him, because I wanted to learn more about him, so that I could know more about the man that a lot of people talk about.
Let’s get these fun facts listed!
- He was born on March 26, 1874 in San Francisco, California
- He was named after the Confederate General Robert E. Lee
- He dropped out of college twice
- He sold his first poem for a whopping $15
- He believed that his most famous poem “The Road Not Taken”, was misinterpreted
- He was the first poet to read at a Presidential Inauguration, which was JFK’s
- He has the highest Pulitzer Prize record, due to him winning it four times
- He contemplated suicide when his wife rejected his proposal the first time
- His poems were first published in England, than America
- He was awarded the United States Congressional Gold Medal
I hope you all learned something about Robert Frost that you didn’t already know as I have. As always if you know a fun fact about this poet, please feel free to leave it in the comments below!
References for the facts above, and for further reading please visit these websites: