I hope everyone had an amazing week and that you get to relax this upcoming weekend! As always, today I am going to do a book tag that I found on @thebooknut blog. Let’s get started!
- You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
Sometimes I will pick up a book, I think I would be interested in and start to read it to only find I am not in the mood for it. Then the search for a new book begins or I do eenie meanie miney mo to figure it out lol.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I have to put it down, because if I am not interested in it, it’s probably because I am not in the mood to read it at the moment. This has actually happened before, so I know that I will put it down before finishing it.
- The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
When this happens, I normally switch to books on my kindle, because for some reason it seems like I can read those faster than physical books.
- The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
This normally doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is if the books in a series are a different size or some are hardback and some are paperback, that drives me crazy.
- Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Normally with my blog readers or people on Goodreads that didn’t like it either.
- You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I just let it out and continue reading. I have stopped worrying about what people think of me and if someone is a fellow book reader, they will understand.
- The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I normally don’t re-read them, but I skim through them to refresh my memory, which normally works.
- You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I tell them that I either borrowed it from someone else or I tell them that they can find a copy at the local library. I am very protective of my books and only let my mom borrow them.
- You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I normally just try to start reading books until one catches my interest. With my anxiety and depression, I go through these a lot, but I know that I will stumble upon a book that will get me out of my slump.
- There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
This honestly depends on the day and how much money I have. There are some days that I will buy as many as possible and others I weigh the pros and cons of physical and kindle. Even if I don’t have space on my bookshelf, which I don’t, I will always by a book that I have wanted or seems interesting.
- After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
This honestly depends. Sometimes I read them right away, but sometimes they sit on my shelfs for months before I pick them up. Again, it depends on what interests me at that point in time and my mood.
I hope you all enjoyed learning more about me and if you chose to do this tag, please tag me, so I can read your answers as well!